Truck Attack In Manhattan:At least eight dead

Truck attack lower Manhattan

A driver rammed people on a bicycle lane near the World Trade Center in lower Manhattan. At least a dozen people were injured. The mayor of New York said it was a terrorist attack.

At least eight people were killed and a dozen were injured after a subject in a rented truck deliberately rammed cyclists a few blocks from the World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan.

Police said they arrested the suspect shortly after the incident, which the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is handling as a terrorist attack. “According to the information we have at this moment, it was an act of terror,” said New York Mayor Bill de Blasio at a press conference. “It’s a very painful day for our city,” he added.

“It’s a tragedy of great magnitude,” said James O’Neill, commissioner of the NYPD, visibly affected.

The governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo, indicated that the aggressor is a “lone wolf” and stressed that there is no evidence that it is part of a larger plot.

As detailed by police shortly after the incident, a vehicle entered the bicycle lane on West Street, a few blocks north of Chambers Street, a busy area due to pedestrian crossings, parks and bicycle lanes. “The car continued heading south, crashing another vehicle,” he explained.

The guy got out of the vehicle pretending to shoot, he was injured by the NYPD.” The information revealed by the police indicates that the suspect is 29 years old.

The attacker, who was shot in the stomach, carried two weapons when leaving the truck. The police found a shotgun and another paintball gun in the place. The aggressor’s state of health is unknown.

“We saw the man, he had a long beard, he was wearing a blue coat and he was holding two pistols, I hurried inside and hid in a corner against some lockers, once they took the man, they took us to the gym,” he told Univision Noticias Gudaah , an eighth grade student from a nearby school.

The guy got out of the vehicle pretending to shoot, he was injured by the NYPD.” The information revealed by the police indicates that the suspect is 29 years old.

The attacker, who was shot in the stomach, carried two weapons when leaving the truck. The police found a shotgun and another paintball gun in the place. The aggressor’s state of health is unknown.

“We saw the man, he had a long beard, he was wearing a blue coat and he was holding two pistols, I hurried inside and hid in a corner against some lockers, once they took the man, they took us to the gym,” he told Univision Noticias Gudaah , an eighth grade student from a nearby school.

The attack occurred only a few hours before the popular Halloween parade, which runs through the main streets of Manhattan. So far, this event has not been canceled, as confirmed by Eric Phillips, spokesman for the mayor of the city, although he indicated that there will be a greater police presence.

In the incident, recorded near the monument to the victims of the attacks of September 11, 2001, the attacker got out of the car and shouted “Allah is great” in Arabic.

President Donald Trump made reference to the winding after the authorities of the city cataloged it as “an act of terror”.

“In New York, it seems another attack by a very sick and disturbed person. The authorities are following this closely. NOT IN THE USA! “, Tweeted the president.

The incidents with outrages have generated tension in large cities of the world in recent years, as they have been repeated as attacks claimed by followers of the terrorist group Islamic State (IS, also known as ISIS).

The incidents with outrages have generated tension in large cities of the world in recent years, as they have been repeated as attacks claimed by followers of the terrorist group Islamic State (IS, also known as ISIS).

The incidents with outrages have generated tension in large cities of the world in recent years, as they have been repeated as attacks claimed by followers of the terrorist group Islamic State (IS, also known as ISIS).

Trump wants Democrats To Help Repeal Obamacare

After Republican Party congressmen failed to pass two initiatives this year to repeal the Affordable Health Care Act or Obamacare, President Donald Trump approached his Democratic rivals to try to fulfill one of his major campaign promises.

In a message posted to his Twitter account Saturday morning, Trump said that he had communicated with Senate minority leader Charles Schumer to find out if his staff wanted to work with him on the subject of health care reform.

“I called Chuck Schumer yesterday to see if the Dems want to do a great HealthCare Bill. ObamaCare is badly broken, big premiums. Who knows!,” wrote the President.

Since Republicans stepped up in January to repeal and replace Obamacare, a commitment they have since the law was enacted in 2010, Democrats have said they are willing to reform the text but not eliminate it.

“The president wanted to give another opportunity to repeal and replace (the law) and I told the president that that is not under consideration,” Schumer said in a statement released by his office.

“If he wants to work together to improve the current health care system, we Democrats are open to suggestions.”

The Trump government yesterday set new standards that expand the ability of employers and insurance companies to limit free access to contraceptives planned within Obamacare when they consider their moral principles to be affected, something many Democrats have questioned as a breach of women’s rights.

Democrats believe the White House is sabotaging health law enforcement to comply with the president’s suggestion of letting it “collapse” since it was not being possible for his supporters to repeal the text.

Although the president’s approach to Democrats may be seen as a “betrayal” by his more radical supporters, others will view the strategy as an attempt to achieve bipartisan consensus in Washington DC.

High Levels of Fecal Bacteria Found on Three Beaches in Miami

In a new report, Forida health officials warned they found “high levels of fecal bacteria” on three popular beaches south of the state: Crandon North, Crandon South and Key Biscayne Beach Club.

The state health department reported that after conducting two water tests on these beaches, they concluded that “they do not meet the standards of quality for enterococcus.” They warned that the level of bacteria found exceeded state and national recommendations, being above 70 units in a sample of 100 milliliters.

The enterococcus bacteria are usually found in the intestines of humans and animals. Contact with it can cause illness or infection. The presence of this bacterium is an indicator of fecal contamination, and may be due to the arrival of residual rainwater or residual.

They recommended that visitors do not swim at these beaches until further notice to avoid diseases.

The institution samples water from the beaches at 17 points weekly, since August 2002.